Verizon Wireless High School TXT2Win® Contest
Verizon Wireless High School TXT2Win® Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest and Sweepstakes. The Verizon Wireless High School TXT2Win Contest (“Contest”) and the Verizon Wireless High School Text2Win Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”, collectively, the Contest and the Sweepstakes are referred to herein as the “Promotions”) begin at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on September 23, 2011 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 4, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). You need not be present to win.
2. Eligibility: Entrants in the Sweepstakes may vote only for the high schools listed in the table below (“Eligible High Schools”). Only the Eligible High Schools are eligible to win a Contest Grand Prize. The prize will be provided in the form of a donation by Verizon Wireless to an organization whose mission is to provide support to the school. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,, Wisconsin and West Virginia, 13 years of age or older as of the day on which he or she enters. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited. Employees of Verizon Wireless (“Sponsor”), Vibes Media, LLC (“Administrator”) and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized agents, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising agencies, and the immediate family of each, and all individuals (including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called “temporary employees,” former employees and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for such entities, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate families" include spouses, grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, cohabitation, or other family extension. Non-eligibility will result in disqualification.
3. How to Vote for your Eligible High School and Enter the Sweepstakes: To enter the Promotions, entrants must do at least one of the following: NOTE that collectively, Text Vote and Online Vote are referred to as a “Vote”.
A. VIA TXT:
Entrants may vote for one or more of the Eligible High Schools via text message during the Promotion Period, by texting the keyword specific for the Eligible High School using the text messaging feature on your wireless phone to 66861 to place your vote (“Text Vote”). Entrant will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes for each Text Vote. The list of keywords can be found below:
If you enter by text messaging, you must have a valid mobile telephone number and a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service. You will be charged for the text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your calling plan with your wireless carrier. Standard text messaging rates set forth by your wireless carrier apply. Text messaging and wireless services are not available in all areas. Open to all wireless carriers.
B. Enter Online:
During the Promotion Period, entrants may enter for free by logging on to http://www.vzwrules.com/highschool. Entrant will be asked to provide basic contact information, including your name, age, a valid email address, telephone number and zip code of one of the Eligible High Schools. You will receive a drop down menu with a list of the Eligible High Schools in the zip code you provided. Select the name of the Eligible High School. Once you enter your basic contact information and select the name of the Eligible High School, your online vote (“Online Vote”;) will be cast and for each Online Vote, entrant will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.
4. Entries. There is a limit of 100 entries/Text Votes for text message entry per mobile telephone number, and a limit of 100 online entries/Online Votes per unique user and email address. All entries/Votes must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on November 4, 2011.
All entries become the sole property of Verizon Wireless and Vibes Media, LLC (collectively, "Promotion Entities"), and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Promotion Entities, will be disqualified. Lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the telephone number/email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number or email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number or email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Promotion Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotions which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries/Votes in the Promotions.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond reasonable control of Promotion Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of each Promotion) either one of the Promotions is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Promotion Entities shall have the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotions, and select the winning Eligible High Schools from entries/Votes received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Promotion Entities. Promotion Entities reserve the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law.
5. Winner Selection/Notification:
Contest Winners: The winning High School shall be the school that received the most Votes during the Promotion Period (“Winning School”). One High School will be selected as the Winning School. An independent parent-run organization, e.g. the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) or Athletics Booster Club (ABC) at the Winning School will be eligible to receive and disburse a Contest Grand Prize. The prize will be provided in the form of a donation by Verizon Wireless to such organization whose mission is to provide support to the school. On or about November 4, 2011, the Administrator will identify the Winning School. The Administrator’s decisions shall be final and binding. The PTO or ABC of the Winning School will be notified by telephone and mail, and must respond to such notification within 7 business days after the notification is sent or such Winning School will be disqualified and the Eligible High School with the next highest number of Votes during the Promotion Period will be selected as the Winning School, subject to the terms of these Official Rules. The Prize will be delivered to the PTO or ABC of the Winning School only.
Sweepstakes Winners: At each of the six (6) weekly drawings, one sweepstakes winner (“Sweepstakes Winner”) will be selected from all Votes submitted before each of the drawing dates and times below during the Promotion Period (“Sweepstakes Period”). A random drawing will be conducted on the following dates during the Promotion Period at 5:00 p.m. ET: September 30, October 7, October 14, October 21, October 28, November 4, 2011 at which time one (1) provisional winner will be randomly drawn from all entries received by that date. All Votes must be received by the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Period to be entered into the Sweepstakes. All eligible Votes submitted during the Promotion Period will roll-over to the subsequent random drawings, if any. Prize drawings will be conducted by the Administrator of these Sweepstakes, whose decisions shall be final and binding. The provisional winners will be notified by telephone or text message, depending on the method of entry. Provisional winners must respond to such notification within 7 business days after the notification is sent or an alternate provisional winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. In the event that an alternate winner is not eligible or fails to accept the prize, the Sponsor may use or award the prize in any manner it deems fit.
6. Promotion Prizes:
Contest Grand Prizes. One $50,000 grand prize check will be awarded to the PTO or ABC of the Winning School. Approximate aggregate retail value of the Contest Grand Prizes is $50,000. Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable. Promotion Entities, in their discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value for any reason.
Sweepstakes Prizes. One Sweepstakes Prize will be awarded to one Sweepstakes Winner from each of the six (6) weekly drawings. The Sweepstakes Prize consists of one Droid 3 (Approximately retail value of the phone is $459.99 and one $100.00 Verizon Wireless gift card. Wireless service is not included in the prize. Approximate aggregate retail value of one Sweepstakes Prize is $559.99
Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Promotion Entities, in their discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value for any reason. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any costs or services that may be required to use the prize, unless specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, wireless services, transportation, etc. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries/Votes received.
7. General: By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Promotion Entities, which shall be final and binding. By participating in the Contest, all Eligible High Schools agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Promotion Entities, which shall be final and binding. By participating in the Promotions, entrants authorize Verizon Wireless to communicate by text message or via email address and to provide the Administrator with their text messaging address and email address.
By accepting a prize, the PTO or ABC of Winning School and each of the Sweepstakes Winners grants to Promotion Entities the right, as applicable, to use its name, a representative’s likeness, image, voice, hometown, and biographical information in advertising, trade and promotion, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further notice, compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each of the Sweepstakes Winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Publicity/Liability Release or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Sweepstakes Winner. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any winner or provisional winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the applicable prize as described herein. Government employees that win a prize may be subject to ethics and gift rules of their jurisdiction. Promotions shall be construed only according to U.S laws. These Promotions shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois without regard to its conflict of laws provision. Participation of Eligible High Schools is subject to the all applicable laws.
9. Indemnification: By entering/Voting, each entrant and, by participating in the Contest, each Eligible High School agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify Verizon Wireless, Vibes Media, LLC and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant's or Eligible High School’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prize awarded in the Promotions, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, or rights of publicity. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Promotion Entities are not responsible for omission of any high school from the list of participating schools received by entrants. Promotion Entities are not responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules or any promotion materials.
10. Winner’s Name and Official Rules: Official rules are available online at:.http://www.vzwrules.com/highschool. You may request the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 1, 2011 to: The "Verizon Wireless High-School Text2Win" Promotions Winner’s Name c/o Contest Department, Vibes Media LLC
300 W Adams 7th Floor Chicago, IL 60606
11. Sponsor: Verizon Wireless, 200 West Adams St., Suite 2800, Chicago, Illinois 60606.